Bible-Related Finalists Chosen for 2019 Christian Book Awards
The Evangelical Christian Publishers Association (ECPA) (@ecpa) has selected 64 finalists in 12 categories for the 2019 Christian Book Award® program.[See the books that have won the Christian Book Award in the Bible Gateway Store]
These titles represent the industry’s best books and Bibles of the year in Bible Reference Works, Bible Study, Bibles, Christian Living, Faith & Culture, Biography & Memoir, Devotion & Gift, Young People’s Literature, Children, Ministry Resources, New Author – and the new category of Audio.
The finalist pool includes four ties in four categories and represents the excellent work of 21 publishers and 34 publishing imprints.
“The Christian Book Award® program is a vital part of our ongoing efforts to bring national attention to the finest books and Bibles published by our members,” said ECPA president Stan Jantz. “We are grateful to the publishers who invest in the program by submitting their best work.”
The Finalists of the 2019 Christian Book Award program include:
- Archaeology Study Bible (ESV) (Crossway)
⇨ [Read the Bible Gateway Blog post, Latest Biblical Archaeology Research]
- Reformation Study Bible (ESV) (Reformation Trust Publishing)
⇨ [Read the Bible Gateway Blog post, How to Freely Access the Reformation Study Bible]
- Boys Life Application Study Bible (NLT) (Tyndale House Publishers)
- HelpFinder Bible (NLT) (Tyndale House Publishers)
- (in)courage Devotional Bible (CSB) (Holman Bible Publishers, B&H Publishing Group / (in)courge)
⇨ [Read the Bible Gateway Blog post, The CSB (in)courage Devotional Bible: An Interview with Denise Hughes]
- Ancient-Modern Bible (NKJV) (Thomas Nelson)
⇨ [Read the Bible Gateway Blog post, Ancient-Modern Bible: The Bible 2,000 Years in the Making]
- Theistic Evolution: A Scientific, Philosophical, and Theological Critique J. P. Moreland, Stephen C. Meyer, Christopher Shaw, Ann K. Gauger, and Wayne Grudem, editors (Crossway)
- Theological English: An Advanced ESL Text for Students of Theology by Pierce Taylor Hibbs with Megan Reiley (P&R Publishing)
- Keep Up Your Biblical Greek in Two Minutes a Day, Volume 1: 365 Selections for Easy Review by Jonathan G. Kline (Hendrickson Publishers)
- Christian Ethics: An Introduction to Biblical Moral Reasoning by Wayne Grudem (Crossway)
- Swindoll’s Living Insights New Testament Commentary: Luke by Charles R. Swindoll (Tyndale House Publishers)
⇨ [Read the Bible Gateway Blog post, Searching the Scriptures: An Interview with Chuck Swindoll]
- Lexham Geographic Commentary on the Gospels, Barry Beitzel, editor (Lexham Press / FaithLife)
- The Gospel According to God: Rediscovering the Most Remarkable Chapter in the Old Testament by John MacArthur (Crossway)
- Good News: The Gospel of Jesus Christ by John MacArthur (Reformation Trust Publishing)
⇨ [Read the Bible Gateway Blog post, The Gospel According to Paul: An Interview with John MacArthur]
- In All Things: A Nine-Week Devotional Bible Study on Unshakeable Joy by Melissa B. Kruger (Multnomah Books)
- Spiritual Gifts: What They Are and Why They Matter by Thomas R. Schreiner (B&H Publishing Group)
- Even Better than Eden: Nine Ways the Bible’s Story Changes Everything about Your Story by Nancy Guthrie (Crossway)
The Christian Book Award® winners in each category, along with the 2019 Christian Book of the Year®, will be announced April 30 at the ECPA Awards Celebration held during the ECPA Leadership Summit in Chicago. The dinner event will honor ECPA’s 45th year anniversary and feature Gary Chapman, author of The 5 Love Languages® series.
The Christian Book Award® program has recognized the absolute highest quality in Christian books since 1978. Based on excellence in content, literary quality, design, and impact, the Christian Book Award® program is the oldest and among the most prestigious awards in the religious publishing industry.
The Evangelical Christian Publishers Association (ECPA) is an international non-profit trade organization comprised of member companies that are involved in the publishing and distribution of Christian content worldwide. Since 1974, ECPA has strengthened Christian publishing by building networking, information, and advocacy opportunities within the industry and throughout multiple channels so that our members can more effectively produce and deliver transformational Christian content.
Read and study the Bible in a new way by becoming a member of Bible Gateway Plus. Try it right now!
The post Bible-Related Finalists Chosen for 2019 Christian Book Awards appeared first on Bible Gateway Blog.