Study 2019: USA Cities Ranked By Their Most Post-Christian Status
Read the Bible Gateway Blog post, What Does It Mean to Live in a Post-Truth World?: An Interview with Abdu Murray]
According to Barna research (@barnagroup), the most post-Christian city in America is Springfield–Holyoke, MA. And the northeast/New England portion of the United States is the most post-Christian region, since the top eight city areas on the list — Portland–Auburn, ME; Providence, RI–New Bedford, MA; Burlington, VT; Boston, MA–Manchester, NH; Albany–Schenectady–Troy, NY; Hartford–New Haven, CT; and Rochester, NY — are located there.
[Read the Bible Gateway Blog post, Finding Truth: An Interview with Nancy Pearcey]
Barna bases the “post-Christian” label on the percentage of the population that meets nine or more of such factors as
- Disagree the Bible is accurate
- Have not read the Bible (in the last week)
- Do not believe in God
- Disagree that faith is important in their lives.
The percentage of individuals in Springfield-Holyoke, MA who
- have not read the Bible (in the last week) is 87%
- have not attended a Christian church (in the last 6 months) is 65%
- have never made a commitment to Jesus is 60%
- have not prayed to God (in the last week) is 47%
- disagree that faith is important in their lives is 41% and
- do not believe in God is 11%.
[Read the Bible Gateway Blog post, The One Thing Christians Dare Not Abandon]
Get biblically wise and spiritually fit by becoming a member of Bible Gateway Plus. Try it right now!
The post Study 2019: USA Cities Ranked By Their Most Post-Christian Status appeared first on Bible Gateway Blog.
July 17, 2019
July 16, 2019