For What Should You Be Grateful? Here’s the Bible’s List.
Read the Bible Gateway Blog post, 23 Bible Verses About Thanksgiving and Gratitude]
“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
To help us focus our attention, the Bible tells us we should be grateful for:
- the goodness and mercy of God (Ps 106:1; 107:1; 136:1-3)
- the gift of Christ (2 Cor 9:15)
- Christ’s power and reign (Rev 11:17)
- deliverance from indwelling sin (Rom 7:23-25)
- the nearness of God’s presence (Ps 75:1)
- our desire to give for God’s work (1 Chron 29:6-14)
- the supply of our physical needs (Rom 14:6-7; 1 Tim 4:3-4)
- victory over death and the grave (1 Cor 15:57)
- wisdom and might (Dan 2:23)
- triumph of the gospel (2 Cor 2:14)
- the reception of God’s Word (1 Thess 2:13)
- conversion of souls (Rom 6:17)
- faith (Rom 1:8; 2 Thess 1:3), love (2 Thess 1:3), and zeal (2 Cor 8:16) manifested in others
- grace bestowed upon others (1 Cor 1:4; Phil 1:3-5; Col 1:3-6)
- ministers appointed by God (1 Tim 1:12)
- all people (1 Tim 2:1)
- everything God permits (2 Cor 9:11; Eph 5:20).
Read more about the subject of gratitude in the Encyclopedia of the Bible on Bible Gateway[Read the Bible Gateway Blog post, Quiz: What Does the Bible Say About Thanksgiving?]
Study major themes of the Bible with confidence and convenience by becoming a member of Bible Gateway Plus. Try it right now!
The post For What Should You Be Grateful? Here’s the Bible’s List. appeared first on Bible Gateway Blog.
Powered by WPeMatico
June 01, 2020
May 30, 2020